As has become a July 4th tradition, the healthcare IT social media community comes together to recognize the incredible people on healthcare social media that influence their lives. It’s called the #HIT100 and happens on Twitter with people nominating the people that influence them for good. It’s really simple to participate and a great way to show some gratitude and love for someone you appreciate. Here are the details from the official announcement:
(Each nomination should have all of these)
- #HIT100 or #HIT99 (One or the other is required)
- #HealthIT (Optional)
- #HITsm (Optional)
(Please use only one of them so that the analytics have value)
- #FHIR (Optional)
- #Interoperability (Optional)
- #PersonalizedMedicine or #PrecisionMedicine (Optional)
Some rules will change this year due to the analytical tools being put in place for the first time:
- Nominations start
Friday July 1st 2016 at 6PM and end on Friday July 8th at 6PM
- Only one person at a time may be nominated. Multi-nominations in one tweet will not be counted though they might form part of the analytical information base
- Only direct nominations will be counted. Retweets will not be counted though they may be analyzed for further enjoyment
- Favorites will not be counted though they may be analyzed for further entertainment
- There will only be one cycle of nominations. No delegates or super-delegates here
- I reserve the judgement to disqualify a nomination that I find suspicious for any reason
- You are encouraged to include one of the optional hashtags above so that we can process with analytics to get some statistics about each one of them
- You can add a sentiment to the end of the nomination
- You must have fun and please follow each other as you discover new members of our community
If that’s too confusing, here are a couple examples. You can copy and then edit as appropriate.
I nominate @ehrandhit to the #HIT100 list – #HealthIT #HITsm #FHIR – Because they curate amazing content!
I nominate @techguy to the #HIT100 list – #HealthIT #HITsm He offers great insights into #PrecisionMedicine
Join in the fun and recognize your favorite people on social media! Happy 4th of July!